Below is a brief article that provides a helpful list of ten items to keep your estate plan current:
- Review your current will.
- Consider your named executors and trustees and whether they are still current.
- Review all beneficiaries.
- Review all powers of attorney, medical directives, and estate planning documents.
- Review existing insurance coverage.
- Review investments.
- Review how your assets are titled.
- Fund any of your trusts.
- Confirm estate domicile.
- Meet with your estate planning attorney and financial professionals to review all of the above.
For more information, See Lisa P. Staron, Your Mid-Year Estate Planning Checklist: 10 Things You Should be Doing Now, The National Law Review, June 6, 2017.